Tue, 20 Jun|
Our Home, Our Rights!
Join Brighter Futures for an evening of poetry, art and powerful conversations about housing rights for young migrant people.
Time & Location
20 Jun 2023, 18:00
London, 136 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8EA, UK
About the Event
We are Brighter Futures, a group of young migrant people aged 18 to 30 years old who come together to have fun, build family and community in London and speak up for the rights of young people like us. We are fighters for justice and change. We want to transform the way the UK sees young migrant people and challenge the hostile environment’s effects on our lives. We have a vision where everyone feels safe in their home!
We believe that:
- Everyone has the right to privacy and should not be forced to share a room.
- Everyone should have a safe and clean home, with access to a working kitchen.
- Young migrant people should not be forced to move from one accommodation to the next and away from their support network
Join us as we launch our housing manifesto with a night of poetry, storytelling and open conversation.
During the evening, you will:
- Learn about the housing provisions available to young migrant people.
- Hear Brighter Futures and our guests discuss their experiences of inadequate housing and their visions for change.
- Experience the housing system for yourself through Brighter Futures poetry and exhibition.
6pm on Tuesday 20th June
The Studio, at The Museum of the Home, 136 Kingsland Road, E2 8EA
This project has been supported by Praxis for Migrants and Refugees, Kazzum Arts, the Stay Home Stories Project, the Centre for Public Engagement at Queen Mary University of London, Teresa Hare Duke and the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.